Hospital Sisters of the Third Order Regular of St. Francis
Resurrection is our faith,Seeing again is our hope,Remembrance is our love (St. Augustine)
Believing in the resurrection and hoping in God's eternal glory, this morning, July 18, 2020, our dear Sister M. Petrusa returned to her creator.
Sister M. Petrusa was born on January 30, 1925 in Lingen/Ems. She joined our congregation on August 8,1947. She made her first profession on May 3, 1950.
Sister M. Petrusa is educated in nursing profession. She was very happy to work in this profession. From 1953 to 1971 she worked in Lüdinghausen-Seppenrade in St. Clara Hospital on the women's ward and from 1971 to 2006 in the St. Antonius-House in Issum-Sevelen in geriatric care. Her life was marked by deep faith in God, by tireless efforts, in loving encounter and constant helpfulness for the patients entrusted to her. In her humble and grateful manner, she was appreciated by everyone.
In winter 2006 Sister M. Petrusa moved to Kroge to the St. Anna-Stift. She followed the path of Christ sincerely and faithfully. As a true Franciscan, her positive warm attitude, kindness, gratitude and satisfaction had an impact. Her deep faith and union with Christ shaped her life and so she simply lived her way in following the Lord. Her personal prayer and the scripture were always a source of strength.
Lately, she had to rely on help and care. Despite her need for help, she has retained her courage to live with satisfaction till the end. She consciously prepared to go to God. This morning she slept peacefully in the Lord around 9:00 am.
May Sister M. Petrusa now become a reality that she has always trusted. We thankfully say goodbye to her. We believe that she is now called to take part in the Eternal Supper. Remembering her in prayer and in the celebration of the Eucharist, we remain connected to her.
Due to the current Corona situation, we celebrate the Eucharist on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, in a small group (up to 28 people) in the Sacred Heart Church, Lohne-Kroge. Burial is in the parish cemetery.