Hospital Sisters of the Third Order Regular of St. Francis
Oct 02, 1901
The Congregation receives papal approbation from Pope Leo XIII. Present in 16 dioceses in Europe and North America, it has 122 houses, 1,085 professed Sisters, 75 novices and 86 postulants.
Mai 20, 1902
Mother Cherubine achieves aggregation to the Franciscan order through the Vicar General, Father David Fleming.
Sep 17, 1903
The first General Chapter is held in the general motherhouse in Münster. Four provinces are created: in the Rhineland (provincialate in Dorsten), Westphalia (provincialate in Telgte), Silesia (provincialate in Glatz, Scheibe), and America (provincialate in Springfield, Ill.).
Oct 13, 1847
The Franciscan Provincial Minister confirms the Constitutions drawn up by Fr. Bernsmeyer in accordance with the Rule of the Third Order.
Sep 17, 1925
Five Sisters from the American Province travel to China and start work in St. Joseph's Hospital in Tsinanfu.
Sep 17, 1927
At the 5th General Chapter, the Rhineland and Westphalian Provinces are united as the Rhineland-Westphalian Province with the provincialate in Telgte.
Oct 28, 1929
The Silesian provincialate is transferred from Glatz/Scheibe to Ullersdorf "Maria-Frieden".
Dec 31, 1937
By now the congregation has 177 houses and 3,532 Sisters, including 183 novices.